As lockdown started I received series of calls from my patients stating that they are having low sugars (Hypoglycemia). All calls from women. It was obvious that higher domestic household work which involves physical activity was pushing down the sugar levels. In this short video my friend Hema ( A Counselor herself ) is sharing her experience. She is a very health conscious person, listen to her experience during lock down of higher physical activity at home and improvement in her sugars
Lockdown and Low Sugars
Diabetic diet is just healthy eating
These are called heart nutrients which are required in desired proportions on our daily basis.
1. Omega 3 fatty acids – present in fish oils, soy, walnuts, chia seeds and canola oils.
2. Vit D – available through Sun rays and appropriate calcium in the diet aids in the absorption.
3. Magnesium – green leafy vegetables, nuts, soy, whole grains and avocados.
4. Folic acid – sprouts, green leafy vegetables, lentils, asparagus, broccoli, etc.
5. Potassium – present in all fruits specially banana and in all vegetables specially potatoes.
Fasting is a way to rejuvenate the body,mind and soul
Benefits of fasting
- Fasting helps in weight loss
By limiting calorie intake and boosting metabolism by increase level of neurotransmitter norepinephrine.
- Fasting improves blood sugar control
Fasting helps to decrease insulin resistance and increase body,s sensitivity to insulin allowing it to transport glucose from our blood stream to our our cells more efficiently.
- Fasting helps in Heart health
It helps our body to metabolizes cholesterol and sugar,It helps to decrease our low density lipoprotein or bad cholesterol.
- Fasting may boost brain function and prevent neurogenerative disorder
It increase nerve cell synthesis and protect against Alzeheimer,s diseases and Parkinsons.
- Fasting promotes Autophagy
Its a real way to cleanse our body-Autophagy means self eating.our body utilizes our dead cells for energy or to make new cell parts.
Any diabetic patient can do fasting by consulting doctor by managing his /her medicines/Insuli according to blood sugar levels.